Tuesday, July 10, 2007

new wonders

I've been reading a lot of forums lately and its all about the 7 new wonders of the world. People have their own bets on who will be counted as such. Critics are saying t he voting is limited to people who has internet and telephone access. Just try to imagine people in impoverished places having a really 'wonderful' site but no means to vote. But actually I think its a nice idea to actually let people all over the world have a say in what can be considered as the greatest achievements of our time.
I do have my personal favorites, but here are the winner according to the official website.
1. Great Wall of China
2. Petra, Jordan
3. Christ Redeemer, Brazil
4. Machu Picchu, Peru
5.
Chichén Itzá, Mexico
6. Roman Colosseum, Italy
7. Taj Mahal, India

Funny I also checked the world population and it seems that these countries are listed as well..Is it coincidence or what?

No comments: